SUPPORT FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN WEST VIRGINIA
The state's universities and colleges value international students, since they bring diversity and a global appeal to the institutions. This state--like all in the US--is made up of immigrants from all over the world, and the state educational institutions recognize that studying away from home can sometimes be confusing and lonely.
Thus, support for international students is an important part of the state's universities and colleges and their programs Virtually all the state's universities and colleges have a dedicated International Student Services Office, and while support for international students will vary from institution to institution, most will include a wide ranges of services including:
· Career and employment counseling to help new and current international students understand the requirements to complete program pre-requisites or complete a credential
· Family programs
· Financial aid
· Homestay placement, assistance in finding off-campus rental housing, or on-campus accommodation, and airport reception
· Immigration counseling regarding study permits, entrance visas, temporary resident visas, and work permits, including the off-campus work permit program, co-operative work permits, and post-graduate work permits
· Language tutoring
· New International Student Orientation Programs at the beginning of each program
· Peer counseling and buddy programs
· Private and public medical insurance advising
· Social events and activities, including scheduled recreational, social and cultural activities throughout the school year that provide opportunities to integrate culturally into student life and meet other international and domestic students on campus
Check with the university or college you plan to attend to see what specific programs are offered.
Take a Virtual Tour of a featured
College in the USA
Campus e-tours allow students to view the facilities and student life at featured Universities, Community Colleges and ESL Schools in the USA, giving you the opportunity to see what the schools looks like, as well as facts about the campus, courses, etc. Once you’ve completed your tour you can read the in-depth profile to get more detailed information, or click the Request FREE Info link to request specific information such as scholarships and financial aid directly from that institution.